If you turn on the TV, or are on social media (like everyone is these days), it's impossible to not see all the National Day This or That. You really didn't hear about those things years ago, but now, every day is represented by something on the National Day calendar. And there's not only one thing, but multiple things for each day. It used to be only one thing, then two things, now some days have like 4 or 5 things listed for the day to either celebrate or to raise awareness for a cause. So what's today... let's see...
- 18th of Sept - National Day of:
- The Air Force! Happy birthday to the USAF, established on this day in 1947.
- Wife Appreciation Day (isn't that supposed to be every day?)
- Cheeseburger Day (delicious!)
- HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness (not sure why those aren't listed separately?)
Is anyone surprised that this is the thing I would choose to celebrate? I love cheeseburgers! Granted, I try to show my affection for cheeseburgers weekly, but this is the one day of the year that, thanks to Facebook memories, I try to level up on the cheeseburger game. Now all we need is a good beverage to accompany it!